Check back soon for more career opportunities:
For applicants interested in a career at BHP please send your resume to: Resumes@bhpeng.com
Position: MVP Data Analyst
Assignment Type/Location: Full time In-House Contract Support/Downtown Houston
- Reviews and organizes engineering documentation for natural gas pipeline as-built construction. Data analyst must have the skill set to understand, analyze and document applicable technical records for transmission range pipe for specified locations along a pipeline system. Site understanding (compressor stations, meter stations, main line valve assemblies, etc.) is also a desired skill set but is not a primary consideration.
- Performs comparative analysis of related records by clearly and concisely identifying potential data anomalies and resolving critical data element discrepancies.
- Correlates identified technical documents (bill of materials, purchase orders, mill test reports, hydro-static test reports, etc.) against baseline GIS data and understand any gaps that may exist between the two data sets.
- Assists in the ongoing development and execution of quality assurance/quality control protocols.
- Follows documented, standard work processes, document results, updates records per protocol and published business rules, and communicates progress/issues to business unit leads.
- Possess above average organizational skills, critical thinking and decision making capabilities and is very detail oriented.
- Ability to work both individually, within a team structure, and willing to take direction from management and experienced subject matter experts. Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience working and organizing large volumes of documents and data for effective and efficient analysis.
- Ability to adapt and learn new procedures and protocols efficiently and be able to apply new procedures effectively.
- Possess above average communication skills to be able to convey issues/scenarios/analysis results.
- Experience with MS Office applications (primarily Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the ability to understand and assimilate training on a specialized MAOP verification database tool used to record data analysis work.
- General understanding of GIS concepts and software is desired but not required.
Education & Experience:
- 4 year degree is preferred (business-related or engineering-related degrees)
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a related field is required (pipeline design, construction, analytical work, etc.)
To apply for this opportunity please send your resume to: Resumes@bhpeng.com with "MAOP Validation" in the subject line