Check back soon for more career opportunities:
Applicants interested in a career at BHP may send resumes to: Resumes@bhpeng.com
POSITION: ROTATING EQUIPMENT ENGINEER
LOCATION: CORPUS CHRISTI, TX
The Rotating Equipment Engineer provides technical expertise and recommendations for rotating equipment mechanical integrity, maintenance (repairs, installations, monitoring, etc.), and reliability improvements (Bad Actors, big hitters, etc.).
Responsibilities may include:
- Provide engineering expertise to Operations, Maintenance and Project Engineering in design, purchasing, installing, commissioning, operating, troubleshooting, re-rating and maintenance of rotating and reciprocating equipment.
- Provide technical direction and QA/AC for onsite and offsite maintenance.
- Monitor rotating equipment repair cost trends and failure histories.
- Conduct design audits, failure analysis studies and issue RCA's to identify action items for resolution of recurring reliability issues.
- Identify Bad Actor/Big Hitter rotating equipment and develop recommendations, scopes of work and cost estimates. Initiate maintenance work notifications and/or engineering work requests to resolve action items and technical support from inception to completion.
- Develop economic based reliability strategies, programs and projects to drive continuous improvements in mechanical reliability that will result in long term maintenance cost reductions, increase process unit availability.
- Develop scopes of work, schedules and cost estimates for maintenance projects to be performed during unit shutdowns and turnarounds.
- Implement all design changes within refinery specifications and in accordance with MOC (Management Of Changes)
- B.S. Degree in mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering discipline.
- 0-5 years of design, manufacturing, maintenance or reliability
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and SAP
- Maintenance experience with rotating equipment in a refinery or oil/gas drilling or production environment.
- Experience within a refinery, manufacturing/repair facility or engineering firm with a working knowledge of mechanical seals, pumps, motors, turbines, and compressors and the associated API specifications that apply.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with minimal supervision in a diverse, multi-discipline team environment, and lead when required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels of the organization required.
- Ability to identify physical, human, and latent causes of failures and make recommendations to address the physical and latent causes
To apply for this opportunity please send your resume to: Resumes@bhpeng.com with "Equipment Rotation Engineer" in the subject line.
Position: Purchasing/Procurement Agents
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Requirements are as follows:
- Service Contract Experience
- Knowledge/experience of purchasing internationally
- SAP Experience – preferred
- Operations/Maintenance experience pertaining to purchasing and contract services (desired)
- Fluent in Spanish (required for at least one of the buyers)
- Solicit formal and informal supplier bids.
- Analyze proposals, negotiate cost and terms & conditions, and administer contracts
- Communicate/Coordinate with requisitioners and client department personnel
- Prepare and maintain required documentation to obtain purchase/payment approval and/or execute purchase transaction.
- Track transaction from receipt of request to end-user material receipt.
- Expedite the delivery of material
- Ensure compliance with client Policies & Procedures
- Assist in resolving issues relating to purchasing/logistics
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Manager.
- Monday – Friday 7:30 – 4:30 with possibility to work a 9/80 schedule
To apply for this opportunity please send your resume to: Resumes@bhpeng.com with "Purchasing Agent" in the subject line
Position: MVP, MAOP Data Analyst
Location: Downtown Houston
- Reviews and organizes engineering documentation for natural gas pipeline as-built construction. Data analyst must have the skill set to understand, analyze and document applicable technical records for transmission range pipe for specified locations along a pipeline system. Site understanding (compressor stations, meter stations, main line valve assemblies, etc.) is also a desired skill set but is not a primary consideration.
- Performs comparative analysis of related records by clearly and concisely identifying potential data anomalies and resolving critical data element discrepancies.
- Correlates identified technical documents (bill of materials, purchase orders, mill test reports, hydro-static test reports, etc.) against baseline GIS data and understand any gaps that may exist between the two data sets.
- Assists in the ongoing development and execution of quality assurance/quality control protocols.
- Follows documented, standard work processes, document results, updates records per protocol and published business rules, and communicates progress/issues to business unit leads.
- Possess above average organizational skills, critical thinking and decision making capabilities and is very detail oriented.
- Ability to work both individually, within a team structure, and willing to take direction from management and experienced subject matter experts. Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience working and organizing large volumes of documents and data for effective and efficient analysis.
- Ability to adapt and learn new procedures and protocols efficiently and be able to apply new procedures effectively.
- Possess above average communication skills to be able to convey issues/scenarios/analysis results.
- Experience with MS Office applications (primarily Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the ability to understand and assimilate training on a specialized MAOP verification database tool used to record data analysis work.
- General understanding of GIS concepts and software is desired but not required.
Education & Experience:
- 4 year degree is preferred (business-related or engineering-related degrees)
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a related field is required (pipeline design, construction, analytical work, etc.)
To apply for this opportunity please send your resume to: Resumes@bhpeng.com with "MAOP Validation" in the subject line